Updating your current theme ensures that you have access to all of the newest Wholesale Gorilla features, and keeps things running smoothly after the normal upkeep and edits that your live theme may undergo as you manage your store.
Below are steps you can take to update your current theme.
For instructions on updating unpublished themes, please see this guide instead.
From Account & Settings page, locate and select update theme
Shops that are running the latest version of Wholesale Gorilla will state just that under the 'Theme Status' area.
If you have NOT made significant changes to your theme since we last installed, and are not seeing any issues when you conduct tests on the front end of your site, then you will not need to do anything further. You are welcome to check back once you've made significant updates to your theme, after a period of a couple of weeks, if you switch themes, or if we release new features and make an announcement.
If you HAVE made significant changes to your theme since we last installed, and are running the latest version of the app, then our system will report that you are up to date. This may be true, or may not. While we are building out a tool to catch these instances currently, it is not yet ready for release. This means that you will need to skip to Step 5 (Testing) to test the front end of your store for issues. If you see any issues or inconsistencies, you most likely do need a theme update. Please proceed to Step 4 (Request an Update) for next steps.
If your theme is not up to date, you will see the below notices. You require a theme update in order to run the latest version of the app's code, per Step 4:
Requesting an Update
Once you've determined that you need an update, you can take one of the following steps:
Scenario B:If you are running the latest version of the app but have made significant changes to your theme, then you may reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may manually update the theme code. You can reach out to us directly, or via the message tool on the main page of our app's dashboard. When contacting our team, please be sure to include...
1. Your Shopify URL (https://xxxxxxxxxx.myshopify.com).
2. A note that you are requesting a theme update on your current live theme.
You may click the 'Request Version Update' button, and will be put into our update queue.
No further action is required until Step 5 (Testing). Kick your feet up and let our team take care of the rest!
Please Note - If You DID Request an Update:
You will retain access to the app's settings during this process, however you may not see the settings work properly on the front end of your store, as there is code missing from the theme (hence requiring the update). If you are adjusting settings while we're completing this update, please keep in mind that these changes might not be visible until the update is complete.
When the theme is updated, you will find a new notification in the Wholesale Gorilla dashboard indicating that the theme was successfully updated.
At the point, we highly recommend you navigate through your store logged in with a wholesale account to verify proper calibration with your published theme. We recommend testing the following pages to ensure proper calibration:
Home and collection pages
- Verify collections show correct pricing and are properly excluding products.
- Ensure product pricing is displayed correctly
- Verify collections (e.g., "related" or "recently viewed" collections) show correct pricing and are properly excluding products.
- Verify ajax cart pricing is correct. (changing ajax settings may require re-calibration)
- Verify that ajax cart checkout buttons only take wholesale customers to `/pages/ws-cart` and not Shopify's checkout page.
- Verify Quick Order Form button is displayed. (Unless you have hidden it. This setting can be found in Settings > Quick Order Form)
Quick Order Form
- Verify that the single page order form displays correct wholesale prices, and that you can navigate to the cart.
- Verify order limits and volume discounts are functional based on your account's tags.
After verifying Wholesale Gorilla's functionality, you can feel confident that our app will function consistently and effectively within this theme.
Please reach out with any questions or issues at email@example.com.